[1.6.4]Chocolate quest. Mods for the adventurers

betterdungeons items adventure

• Please log in to reply
5150 replies to this topic

RicardoEsteves
  • Minecraft: Polopai

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

View Postdevastor147, on 15 May 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

I am really, really confused about how to download this thing. Please give idiot instructions (aka step by step, and please don't tell me 'put them in your .minecraft, becuase firstly I'm using a mac, and secondly it doesn't work when I put it in the area with 'bin', 'config' etc.

You first have to install the latest version of Forge Mod Loader in your minecraft.jar (located in your .minecraft/bin folder). Simply open the minecraft.jar with WinRar, delete the META-INF folder and drag all the files from Forge into your minecraft.jar file. Close everything, start up the game, let Forge create the folders it needs to create and then exit the game. Return to your .minecraft folder. You'll notice there's a new folder called "mods". Place the .zip file you download from this thread inside that "mods" folder and you're done.

If you are using Mac, in order to get to your .minecraft folder, simply search on Google or YouTube "how to access .minecraft in Mac". Regarding on how to download this, simply click on the first link of the main topic on this thread (the one that says "Better Dungeons 1.04 version avaiable"). Make sure you have Minecraft 1.5.2 installed, as well as the latest version of Forge for Minecraft 1.5.2.

Register or log in to remove.

devastor147

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostRicardoEsteves, on 15 May 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

You first have to install the latest version of Forge Mod Loader in your minecraft.jar (located in your .minecraft/bin folder). Simply open the minecraft.jar with WinRar, delete the META-INF folder and drag all the files from Forge into your minecraft.jar file. Close everything, start up the game, let Forge create the folders it needs to create and then exit the game. Return to your .minecraft folder. You'll notice there's a new folder called "mods". Place the .zip file you download from this thread inside that "mods" folder and you're done.

If you are using Mac, in order to get to your .minecraft folder, simply search on Google or YouTube "how to access .minecraft in Mac". Regarding on how to download this, simply click on the first link of the main topic on this thread (the one that says "Better Dungeons 1.04 version avaiable"). Make sure you have Minecraft 1.5.2 installed, as well as the latest version of Forge for Minecraft 1.5.2.

Can I do it another way? I tried putting it into the mods file before and it sort of half-froze my game. Maybe I might have to wait, but perhaps just give me a download link for a working minecraft folder with the stuff in it...?

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

View Postdevastor147, on 15 May 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Can I do it another way? I tried putting it into the mods file before and it sort of half-froze my game. Maybe I might have to wait, but perhaps just give me a download link for a working minecraft folder with the stuff in it...?

There isnt really another way to do it. Nobody can upload you a minecraft folder like that as its illegal and would get you and them banned from the forum. Its a kind of piracy, even if well intentioned. If you want to use minecraft with mods, you will have to learn how to do this stuff. It might seem intimidating at first, and you will make mistakes, but its well worth the effort. Once you've installed a few mods and played what they can offer, vanilla minecraft quickly loses its appeal.

devastor147

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

One thing I have to say, I am not a stranger to mods. I have had much experience with it, and once used eight at once. But this is a completely different thing. Is there a version that is guaranteed to work? When my game freezes, it's at the Mojang screen. There are no mods other than Forge, and the only difference from it and another vanilla minecraft folder, excepting the mods, is that I downloaded the jar from a friend. For some reason Minecraft's normal update says error null...

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Having a crash problem.

Spoiler:

RamusTW
        RamusTW

Out of the Water

• Members
      • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hi,Could i translate your "Better Dungeons" to Chinese? :)

GlooTech
          GlooTech

Tree Puncher

• Members
        • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

What with Soul-sword ? Is it still in this mod ?

Workerdrone

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostGlooTech, on 15 May 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

What with Soul-sword ? Is it still in this mod ?
          No

GlooTech
            GlooTech

Tree Puncher

• Members
          • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Too over-powerd, hmm ? ^^

Chocolatin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postrobertinsyr, on 15 May 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Is there any way to get rid of the turtle boss and the monking. They just don't fit the mood of my server. I've looked through the configs and have seen nothing, but maybe a file I can remove from the jar or something?

Also, the random underground dungeons (the ones that should have specters in them) don't seem to be spawning for me, though I could be wrong (don't have an x-ray mod installed). Is anyone SURE they are spawning for them? I get castles, strongholds and nethercities with few issues. I have volcanoes and abandoned mineshafts turned off. I've set the chance in the undergroundDungeon.prop file to 5 and biomes = * but I have not seen a single underground dungeon Posted Image

Right now there is no way to disable them, i will remove the spawns on the new versions, tweaking a bit they could be spawned as a dungeon. Also the monking will become the boss of some smaller monkeys Posted Image.

The underground dungeon, i guess its bugged and spawning only at y = 1.

View PostMohawkyMagoo, on 15 May 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Yep did that last time. Just tried it again. Changed the numbers in config, made sure to save config, started game - castles spawned fine, closed game, started a new game, castles in air again. Rechecked config - numbers had changed back again to -20 - something is resetting the numbers on starting a new Minecraft game? Have set configs to read only and that seems to fix it.

New mobs look cool!

Happy to confirm that. Everything is spawning for me ok. Just not necessarily in the right place  Posted Image
            I will check if i'm not closing them properly after reading, the mod shouldn't be writting them only read.

View PostRicardoEsteves, on 15 May 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

Ok, I've figured out how to edit the files (I use the notepad to open them). Turns out the explanation on how to edit the fields is included. The worst part is figuring out the names of every biome in Biomes O'Plenty. Also, I read somewhere that there may be a conflict with the height of the buildings' spawn point.

Regarding the crash with Swords of Israphel, here are some of the crash-report logs:

Crash #1
            Spoiler:

Crash #2
            Spoiler:

I was able to find out that the entity ticking is a creature from Mo' Creatures mod, although one of the crashes was because of a torch. The followed test was generating a world without any structures because I thought the torch would be from a village or mineshaft.

It's kind of a shame, because this mod (Swords of Israphel) would be a very important mod in my LP series.

If you manage to find a list with the biomes post it and I will link it in the main post.
            About the sword of ishrapael post the crash log on their post, I can't do anything on it.

View Postdevastor147, on 15 May 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

I am really, really confused about how to download this thing. Please give idiot instructions (aka step by step, and please don't tell me 'put them in your .minecraft, becuase firstly I'm using a mac, and secondly it doesn't work when I put it in the area with 'bin', 'config' etc.

Supposing you have succesfully installed forge.
            Download the mod.zip and open it.
            Then do that:
            Posted Image

View PostGlooTech, on 15 May 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Too over-powerd, hmm ? ^^
            Too messy to implement it again, got more interesting and funny things to do.

EDIT: some offtopic, the mercenaries are advancing very well, right now they are acting very well, they can follow the player, or stand defending a position. I've added an item to control the state, or point them positions or enemies to attack. I will post a video to preview how it works, but I still need to work on some team AI.
            The morcenaries are almost completed, but i have not defined yet how will they spawn, or how will you get them.
            My idea is to add the basics of an strategy game, some random structures or cities, to recruit mercenaries. And will also work as territory control. Resource management(wich will be mostly vanilla resources farming, or maybe some scripted quests). And of course wars and castle assaults!
            Let me know what do you think about it.
            Posted Image

kaidude1994

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

I freaking love this mod and using it since 1.2.5. The strategic idea is awesome keep it up ;)

devastor147

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

This is what I get when I open the zip:

BetterDungeons
              |
              V   
              A whole lot of crap.

To clarify:
              http://tinypic.com/r/kyx6x/5

raisai_paradox

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

I can't... use the.... souls sword.... after all this time.... I think I... 0_0 I think I died a little inside...Posted Image

raisai_paradox

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

when I hold the mocking-something sword.... I am holding it between my legs?

Milocricket
                  • Minecraft: Milocricket

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

How do I use scroll of escape?
                  Hey, I wonder what happens if you click that little green arrow at the bottom right-hand corner of my post... try clicking it!Posted Image

Mattatatta

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

Two things. One, I used the scroll of escape and automatically died next to my bed. Two, you need to implement some sort of limit on the mob spawners that create vanilla mobs. I tried to attack a castle in a Plains biome and one of the houses had a spawner inside with dozens of zombies inside. The game started to lag out due to the sheer number of actors. When I opened the door to kill them, the game went to 1 frame every 30 seconds (I'm not joking). and eventually crashed.

RicardoEsteves

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

If you manage to find a list with the biomes post it and I will link it in the main post.
                    About the sword of ishrapael post the crash log on their post, I can't do anything on it.

I did the list myself as I didn't find the official list on the main Biomes O'Plenty thread:
                    Spoiler:

DraxisWuf
                      DraxisWuf

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
                    • 1039 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostRicardoEsteves, on 16 May 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

I did the list myself as I didn't find the official list on the main Biomes O'Plenty thread:
                      Spoiler:
                      I've tried adding BOP biomes by name, but I'm not getting anything spawning in them.

RicardoEsteves

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostDraxisWuf, on 16 May 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

I've tried adding BOP biomes by name, but I'm not getting anything spawning in them.

Well, so far, the only thing that happens to me is getting some luck in finding vanilla biomes. BOP adds over 70 biomes, which makes finding vanilla biomes kinda hard, so it actually makes these dungeons harder to find since they're rarer by only spawning in vanilla biomes. Not sure how good it is, though.

Workerdrone

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

View Postdevastor147, on 15 May 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

This is what I get when I open the zip:

BetterDungeons
                      |
                      V   
                      A whole lot of crap.

To clarify:
                      http://tinypic.com/r/kyx6x/5
                      You are opening the actual mod file.
                      Go to the first page, and download the zip file. Then do what Chocolatin showed you.