Chocolate quest. Mods for the adventurers

Chocolatin the new version and features sound great.

On the topic of entity id problems do you use gloabl entity IDs. Im not fully au fait with the concept but my understanding is that forge has presented an alternative method to using entity IDs than the traditional way - global entitiy ids. I think that if you were to use the forge entitiy IDs that entitiy ID clashes would be less of a problem than using the vanilla ones. Some other mods have also used global entity IDs and are changing or have already done so to good effect.

Dr Zhark is going to make the change I believe as Mo Creatures use global entity ids and either Grimoires of Gaia 2 or Ars Magicka (I forget which was said) have already made the change.

Im wondering if it might well be mroe of an issue the more mobs you add and your mod has quite a few I think.

Please see the following thread for more info and people who know mroe about it then me.

http://www.minecraft...-updated-42613/

Thanks

EDIT Do youthink it might be possible ever to place certain entities in your dungeons and or set the mob type for the spawner (1 time and persistent spawners, dont think this has been asked before?)

CrudeDragos the author of Project Zulu and Just Another Spawner has done quite a bit of work on that sort of thing, is involved with the above thread and is a very helpful guy.

Hes also written a nice spawner block that can spawn multiple different mob types, with delays and max numbers spawned etc.

Also Ive asked this before so maybe its not possible but do you think we could specify the block types in the dungeons, so we can change a few things for visual varieties sake, say changing stone bricks for EBXLs red rock bricks, or the stone in your volcanoes for red powers basalt, (possibly being able to add mod added metal to the volcano walls as well).

The mod seems to be stable for me under 1.5.1 by the way, where I couldnt get it going reliably in 1.4.7 so thanks for that.
    Last edited by sirdave79: 5/7/2013 2:20:16 AM
    Hmmmm, Seems like Tinkers Construct (since somewhere around version 1.3.2) is preventing all dungeons from spawning.

Using the seed 'Dungeon Test' spawns me right next to a large Ice Plains biome.
    For testing, I changed the snow castle chance to 5.

With Tinkers Construct nothing spawns in the biome.
    Without it, several snow castles spawn right away.

Just me, or can anyone else confirm this ?
    Not sure if anyone else has ever brought this up, but even though the mod works find and the game doesn't crash or anything, I cannot get any dungeons to spawn with the Better World Generation mod installed, I even tried adding the new biome names to the config and it just doesn't spawn any.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might make the mods work together? I know this mod can work weirdly with other world generation mods installed, but it would be great to have both mods working, because it makes Minecraft have reason to explore again!

Either way this mod is awesome and I plan to use it in a playthrough sometime soon!
    A new version avaiable: everything should be working, but I'll be waiting for some feedback for an official release and update to 1.5.2.
    Download here
    Dungeons will act as plugins. This means that dungeons will be defined in text files, removing a text file will remove that dungeon, adding a new file will add a new one.
    Those plugins will have basic config: biomes, chance (those are the actual config params from dungeons), and also mob and builder.
    Don't be scared they will be simple text files with a text params. Depending on the builder you will be able to specify some settings spawnign height, templates folder, or parameters in procedural dungeons.

One use spawners are only not activated if the nearest player is in creative mode.

Render fixes on staffs, new renderer for monking sword(two handed swords in general will use this renderer, but right now there's only that).

Some icons reworked, cleaned up the projectiles sprite sheet, now will also be used for shied back icon, and banners(new items only avaiable in creative, or used by mobs).

Fixed entity id problems?(not tested)

Also some new AI improvements and new classes to make your life harder :D (Gunman(actually pirate archers), bersekers, ninjas and bannermens). A preview in the video.
    Also jockeys are back, i have to improve them , but you may find some of then, right now they are not implemented as a class, any class can ride them.
    There are beta friendly mobs, you can spawn them via "shied/egg spawners" and test them, the spawners are the endermen spawners(I forgot i had to create a new item after compiling).

[media][media]http://www.youtube.com/embed/qLPxY1YzB4Y[/media]]

Quote from sirdave79

Chocolatin the new version and features sound great.

On the topic of entity id problems do you use gloabl entity IDs. Im not fully au fait with the concept but my understanding is that forge has presented an alternative method to using entity IDs than the traditional way - global entitiy ids. I think that if you were to use the forge entitiy IDs that entitiy ID clashes would be less of a problem than using the vanilla ones. Some other mods have also used global entity IDs and are changing or have already done so to good effect.

Dr Zhark is going to make the change I believe as Mo Creatures use global entity ids and either Grimoires of Gaia 2 or Ars Magicka (I forget which was said) have already made the change.

Im wondering if it might well be mroe of an issue the more mobs you add and your mod has quite a few I think.

Please see the following thread for more info and people who know mroe about it then me.

http://www.minecraft...-updated-42613/

Thanks

EDIT Do youthink it might be possible ever to place certain entities in your dungeons and or set the mob type for the spawner (1 time and persistent spawners, dont think this has been asked before?)

CrudeDragos the author of Project Zulu and Just Another Spawner has done quite a bit of work on that sort of thing, is involved with the above thread and is a very helpful guy.

Hes also written a nice spawner block that can spawn multiple different mob types, with delays and max numbers spawned etc.

Also Ive asked this before so maybe its not possible but do you think we could specify the block types in the dungeons, so we can change a few things for visual varieties sake, say changing stone bricks for EBXLs red rock bricks, or the stone in your volcanoes for red powers basalt, (possibly being able to add mod added metal to the volcano walls as well).

The mod seems to be stable for me under 1.5.1 by the way, where I couldnt get it going reliably in 1.4.7 so thanks for that.

About the entities, immediately told me a few days ago about that problem he also got in his mod, and should be fixed right now, but untested with other mods.

With the config you mean something like that:

Well that may be a bit op, but looks nice!

Here its an example of the volcano config, look in the files for more info on the different dungeon types:
    #Biomes, put biome names separated by comma, example:
    #biomes = Extreme Hills
    #Will spawn at y = 5

biomes = Extreme Hills

#chance define the ratio at wich the dungeon spawn, if set to 0 the dungeon will be disabled.
    #The formula goes like that: every 5 chunks there is 1 between the number set to chance probabilities to spawn a dungeon.

chance = 25

#mob: defines the mob spawned in that dungeon
    mob = dwarf

#icon: used as the item icon intex in the dungeon spawner item. (look at textures/items/bd/ d1, d2..., only the number is required)
    icon = 0

#Builder allows you to choose what builder does the dungeon use
    builder = volcano

#Special data for dungeon
    #oreChance: how many chance for each block in the walls to become an ore, a bigger chance less ores
    #blockWalls: block id used in the volcano walls
    #blockPath: block id used in the path to core of the volcano
    #generatePath:if true the volcano will have a path to the core
    #generateDungeon: if true there will be a linear dungeon in the core
    #dungeonRooms: how many dungeons will contain the dungeon

oreChance = 8
    blockWalls = 1
    generatePath = true
    blockPath = 87
    generateDungeon = true
    dungeonRooms = 25

Quote from Crabmaster

Not sure if anyone else has ever brought this up, but even though the mod works find and the game doesn't crash or anything, I cannot get any dungeons to spawn with the Better World Generation mod installed, I even tried adding the new biome names to the config and it just doesn't spawn any.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might make the mods work together? I know this mod can work weirdly with other world generation mods installed, but it would be great to have both mods working, because it makes Minecraft have reason to explore again!

Either way this mod is awesome and I plan to use it in a playthrough sometime soon!

I don't know but they may be preventing the forge hook to create the world.
    Quote from Workerdrone

Hmmmm, Seems like Tinkers Construct (since somewhere around version 1.3.2) is preventing all dungeons from spawning.

Using the seed 'Dungeon Test' spawns me right next to a large Ice Plains biome.
    For testing, I changed the snow castle chance to 5.

With Tinkers Construct nothing spawns in the biome.
    Without it, several snow castles spawn right away.

Just me, or can anyone else confirm this ?

Didn't tested it, but may be the same as the previous quote? Same seed and configs should produce the same dungeons.
    mob = dwarf

Can I add mobs added by mods?! Such as Mo Creatures or Project Zulu? If so, how?
    From "castles.prop", you set
    biomes = letmeknowifididntchangedthis
    . Just thought I'd let you know. :P
    Quote from FSMAcolyte

mob = dwarf

Can I add mobs added by mods?! Such as Mo Creatures or Project Zulu? If so, how?

Right now no, only mods registered for it, in future version i may release an api to register more mobs
    Quote from drurowin

From "castles.prop", you set
    biomes = letmeknowifididntchangedthis
    . Just thought I'd let you know. :P

Lol. Thanks, Haha, I supposed well when supposed i would forget that xD
    Last edited by Chocolatin: 5/8/2013 3:33:35 PM
    Castles are still spawning tons of items on the ground when you use their item. Other dungeon spawners don't seem to have this problem.

For fun, spawn a nether village in an ocean biome, maybe near a landmass that pokes out. Just do it, you'll like the result.
    Yes chocolatin that is exacvtly what I mean. That looks great (as in it looks great that you can switch a block type not that itd diamond).

I guess adding mod added metals (metallurgy 2) is possible also ? To mix in with the vanilla ores in the wall ?

The pirate rangers mobs with guns sound great.

ThanksYes chocolatin that is exacvtly what I mean. That looks great (as in it looks great that you can switch a block type not that itd diamond).

I guess adding mod added metals (metallurgy 2) is possible also ? To mix in with the vanilla ores in the wall ?

Thanks
    Quote from sirdave79

Yes chocolatin that is exacvtly what I mean. That looks great (as in it looks great that you can switch a block type not that itd diamond).

Thanks

Thanks

So impressed you said it twice :)
    Quote from drurowin

Castles are still spawning tons of items on the ground when you use their item. Other dungeon spawners don't seem to have this problem.

Thats odd, we play 4 - 6 player LAN games. All the machines have the same Forge, mods and Better Dungeons versions. One of them has this exact same problem if he does any creative work and places castles, but the other machines dont.
    All of the mods I use are described and linked in my Profile page, plus hints and tips on how to use them.
    I see that Tinkers' Construct hasn't been playing well with Better Dungeons. It was a bug on my end, I apologize for any grief this may have caused. This mod is one of my favorites and I just can't have them not getting along. ^^;;
    epic!!!!
    diamonds to you my friend :Diamond::Diamond::Diamond:
    I'm trying Better Dungeons for the first time, with your latest version. I could use a little extra info on what the settings do.

#Minimum separation between dungeons (chunks)
    dungeonSeparation = 5
    # Chunck caves, set 0 to disable, 1 to enable

What are chunk caves? Also, the option that I'd need to be saying 1 or 0 to doesn't seem to appear in the config.

# Underworld caves, located at the bottom of the world around all the map
    underworld = 0
    # Jungle caves, located around layer 40 in jugle biomes
    jungleChunck = 1
    # Swamp caves, located around layer 40 in swamp biomes
    swampCaves = 1
    # Nether mountains, located on the nether surface
    netherMountains = 1
    # Tunnels spawn around all the world in a infinite line the chance is the aproximate distance between tunnels in chunks
    # Abandoned mineshafts go around layer 40
    mineshafts = 15

Is the mineshaft setting talking about the vanilla abandoned mineshafts? Or other tunnels? Will setting mineshafts = 0 stop them from occurring?

In general, I actually want the world to be *less* riddled with caves, ravines, and tunnels than it is in Vanilla. Though I probably want to leave the vanilla abandoned mineshafts alone because they're at least somewhat interesting. And I, of course, want your dungeons, though given I'm using a lot of structure mods, I want them to be fairly rare.
    Quote from Arkenor

Is the mineshaft setting talking about the vanilla abandoned mineshafts? Or other tunnels? Will setting mineshafts = 0 stop them from occurring?

In general, I actually want the world to be *less* riddled with caves, ravines, and tunnels than it is in Vanilla. Though I probably want to leave the vanilla abandoned mineshafts alone because they're at least somewhat interesting. And I, of course, want your dungeons, though given I'm using a lot of structure mods, I want them to be fairly rare.

Yes, setting mineshafts = 0 will disable them completely. And they aren't related to the vanilla mineshafts.

It you want the dungeons to be fairly rare then you can safely double the spawn chances.

As for the chunk caves, here's an example of a swamp cave (the torches are mine).
    They are fairly large cave systems, and I am currently setting up my Thaumcraft lab in one.

They are controlled by these,

# Jungle caves, located around layer 40 in jugle biomes
    jungleChunck = 1
    # Swamp caves, located around layer 40 in swamp biomes
    swampCaves = 1
    Last edited by Workerdrone: 5/9/2013 2:29:25 PM
    the "mineshaft = 1/0/x" is the number of chunks before another instance of that dungeoin can spawn.going back quite a few versions chocolatin said 0 would disable but it didnt work out like that. Some people reported crashes and I could not make a dungeon type not spawn changing the number to 0.

I beleive 0 works to disable now, ive not tested it.

And yes the better dungeons mineshafts are its own and will spawn in addition to vanilla mineshafts (if not disabled and the disable works).
    Quote from sirdave79

the "mineshaft = 1/0/x" is the number of chunks before another instance of that dungeoin can spawn.going back quite a few versions chocolatin said 0 would disable but it didnt work out like that. Some people reported crashes and I could not make a dungeon type not spawn changing the number to 0.

I beleive 0 works to disable now, ive not tested it.

Thanks for the help! But I'm guessing this was the crash you mentioned. It seems to still be choking on being given a 0:

2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGeneratorNew.generateBigDungeon(WorldGeneratorNew.java:208)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGeneratorNew.generateSurface(WorldGeneratorNew.java:156)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGeneratorNew.generate(WorldGeneratorNew.java:58)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:102)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:259)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1249)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:281)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:88)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:105)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:429)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
    2013-05-10 00:14:10 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Encountered an unexpected exception IllegalArgumentException
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
    at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
    at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGeneratorNew.generateBigDungeon(WorldGeneratorNew.java:208)
    at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGeneratorNew.generateSurface(WorldGeneratorNew.java:156)
    at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGeneratorNew.generate(WorldGeneratorNew.java:58)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:102)
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:259)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1249)
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:281)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:88)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:429)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

Edit: Though after testing, it was setting volcanoes to 0 that was making it crash. It seems happy with 0 for mineshafts.

One more question. Does this mod mark it in the logs when it builds something? I've not spotted it building anything obvious in my test worlds yet, but that is likely just a function of me making things quite rare. With Ars Magica mage towers, Farlander huts, Thaumcraft spires, Project Zulu structures, Ruins, and Dungeonpack as well, I have to make things rare to prevent urban sprawl! So much variety makes for an interesting world :D
    Last edited by Arkenor: 5/9/2013 7:27:41 PM
    So is there any chance of adventure items being updated, or was that a separate mod?
    So I take it the 1.4.7 version is no longer being updated? From the sound of it the 1.5.1 build is getting most of the love. I'd use that but there are a bunch of mods that still haven't updated.
    Quote from Arkenor

One more question. Does this mod mark it in the logs when it builds something? I've not spotted it building anything obvious in my test worlds yet, but that is likely just a function of me making things quite rare. With Ars Magica mage towers, Farlander huts, Thaumcraft spires, Project Zulu structures, Ruins, and Dungeonpack as well, I have to make things rare to prevent urban sprawl! So much variety makes for an interesting world :D

I didn't see anything in the logs when I was tracking down the TC bug, so I don't think so.

But sometimes it can seem like the RNG is broken, during the final TC test I flew more than 4000 blocks in a straight line before I saw a ship. Then at other times you see a whole pirate fleet. Which is one of the reasons I love this mod ^_^
    I started building a server with Better Dungeons mod on it and I noticed WorldGuard doesn't like it when I get shot by a skeleton archer and gives this error. I didn't know if this was something I should report here or over at WorldGuard...

06:37:54 [SEVERE] Could not pass event EntityDamageByEntityEvent to WorldGuard v
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:363)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:479)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:464)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R2.event.CraftEventFactory.callEvent(Craf
    tEventFactory.java:69)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R2.event.CraftEventFactory.callEntityDama
    geEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:357)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R2.event.CraftEventFactory.handleEntityDa
    mageEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:386)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70097_a(EntityLiving.java:1067
    )
    at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70097_a(EntityPlayer.ja
    va:1108)
    at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_70097_a(EntityPlayerM
    P.java:575)
    at chocolate.mods.BD.projectile.ArrowBase.onImpact(ArrowBase.java:59)
    at chocolate.mods.BD.EntityArrowMagic.func_70071_h_(EntityArrowMagic.jav
    a:314)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2426)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:958)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2379)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2191)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:777)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.jav
    a:897)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(Dedicated
    Server.java:323)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.jav
    a:793)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:677)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/entity/MinecartTNT
    at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardEntityListener.onEntityDamageBy
    Entity(WorldGuardEntityListener.java:277)
    at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardEntityListener.onEntityDamage(W
    orldGuardEntityListener.java:432)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:361)
    ... 21 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.entity.MinecartTNT
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:293)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:285)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 28 more
    >
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes