Chocolate quest. Mods for the adventurers

Quote from drurowin

No, the double spawn is a hardware problem on my end.

I'm more worried that I spawned hundreds of items when I did that. If I hadn't set -Xmx so high, I would have run out of RAM and crashed!

Also, there seems to be a rather tall pillar of End Stone going up to Y=255 with a ladder attached to it...

Did you go to the top of it or just look up? For me, it had a floating ender village at the top with a few mobs.
    "Idiots are just like Slinkies. They're practically useless, but still give a smile to your face if you push them down a flight of stairs."
    "It’s not that I hate you, it’s more like if you were on fire and I had water, I would drink it." EPIC: ۞
    Ahh, you're right! I didn't realize those structures were related, even though I went to the top... I guess it's because I accidentally generated two in one spot (one atop the other), so the second pillar just stopped suddenly.
    I downloaded it, but my game seems to crash as soon as I want to create a game. Everything stops at "Building Terrain".
    halp?
    archer enderman still crashes my client, ill have a crashlog soon using only this mod
    Quote from Blue001

So, wait... you are saying I can already add the different biome tags in a config somewhere? The only config I see is the one in Chocolate folder called config.prop. And I don't see a place to control biomes in there. How exactly do you do it? Is there another config somewhere else? Perhaps I didn't understand you when you said ...

They are in the DungeonConfig folder.
    Quote from Workerdrone

They are in the DungeonConfig folder.

Thanks, I wonder if that folder is new...cause I didnt have it till I updated the mod.
    Works great now.

One thing tho...

The skeleton spawners are against the ceiling in the tunnel systems, and that makes them take one suffocation damage when they spawn... lowering the difficulty of the tunnels a slight bit.
    Also, besides mentioning them in the config, is there somewhere that lets you edit the tunnel stuff, theres no tunnels.config like there is for all the other dungeons.
    Last edited by Blue001: 5/2/2013 10:01:07 PM
    Blue001 yes those tunnels are generated from this mod, I think the author refers to them as mineshafts and possibly were in before vanilla abandoned mines. It should have rail along the middle as well ?

With regards to configuring them, they used to be literally endless with not so much branching. Chocolatin has made these a lot more finite with recent releases compared to the pre SMP versions of only a few months ago. However, the dungeons dont generate (mostly I think) in EBXL biomes and when they do generate or seemingly run into those biomes from a vanilla biome there they seem to go a long long way (still finite in my experience but bigger than intended). I beleive Chocolatin is looking at making his dungeons generate properly in EBXL or other biome adding mods properly.

Regards

Regards
    I downloaded it, but my game freezes as soon as I want to create a game. Everything stops at "Building Terrain". could someone please help ??
    Quote from sirdave79

.... However, the dungeons dont generate (mostly I think) in EBXL biomes and when they do generate or seemingly run into those biomes from a vanilla biome there they seem to go a long long way (still finite in my experience but bigger than intended). I beleive Chocolatin is looking at making his dungeons generate properly in EBXL or other biome adding mods properly.

Regards

I successfully got a volcano dungeon to spawn in the Volcano biome from "Biomes O' Plenty" using the config file by putting 'Volcano' in the biome allowances... I'll try to see if I can a XL biome working.
    Quote from Blue001

Thanks, I wonder if that folder is new...cause I didnt have it till I updated the mod.
    Works great now.

One thing tho...

The skeleton spawners are against the ceiling in the tunnel systems, and that makes them take one suffocation damage when they spawn... lowering the difficulty of the tunnels a slight bit.
    Also, besides mentioning them in the config, is there somewhere that lets you edit the tunnel stuff, theres no tunnels.config like there is for all the other dungeons.

Yeah, the DungeonConfigs are a recent addition.
    As for the tunnels (mineshafts), I believe that currently all you can do is enable/disable them (in the config.prop file).
    Quote from Schmiddy

I downloaded it, but my game freezes as soon as I want to create a game. Everything stops at "Building Terrain". could someone please help ??

Are you sure you are using the latest update ?
    I had the same problem, and that fixed it for me.
    Yep, after downloading the most recent version the "Building Terrain" crash vanished.

Thanks alot for the fix, Chocolatin!

Btw, isn't it possible to make Pirate islands REAL islands instead of letting them float in the ocean?
    Just a some minecraft logic to point out:
    Why is a zombie/skeleton holding a healing staff?
    I thought zombies/skeletons get killed with many healing potions (vanilla minecraft)
    The healing staff could be killing zombies and skeletons because they are the undead
    Just saying.
    Quote from Zothen

Btw, isn't it possible to make Pirate islands REAL islands instead of letting them float in the ocean?
    I saw some dungeons cutting off terrain. So maybe that will happen if they were real islands
    At SirDaves recommendation I downloaded and installed BetterDungeons today. It seems fine, except it doesnt seem to generate anything in BOP biomes? I've found a large ship on the ocean. Other than that nothing? Is there something I have to activate in config somewhere?
    All of the mods I use are described and linked in my Profile page, plus hints and tips on how to use them.
    Quote from MohawkyMagoo

At SirDaves recommendation I downloaded and installed BetterDungeons today. It seems fine, except it doesnt seem to generate anything in BOP biomes? I've found a large ship on the ocean. Other than that nothing? Is there something I have to activate in config somewhere?

Yes, you have to set custom biomes in the config files in order for the dungeons from this mod to generate in them.

You can do that by going to: \.minecraft\Chocolate\DungeonConfig\
    There, you can register all your biomes for the corresponding dungeons.
    Last edited by TSAMP1924: 5/3/2013 6:35:41 AM
    Zothen "Btw, isn't it possible to make Pirate islands REAL islands instead of letting them float in the ocean?"

I dont understand. ive only seen 1 pirate island with a ship in a sort of cave with a bit of a wood building outside. Do u mean that shouldnt be in the middle of a massive ocean ?

This adding a specific biome to a dungeon sounds good, ive not tried that yet. Can it be done for all dungeons in all biomes ? or is just for mod added biomes ? It would be nice if you could exactly specify which dungeons spawn in which biomes.

I need to test the new version on my test server.

Thanks Chocolatin
    Btw, can't get my minecraft working at the moment.
    Before this version, i came upon this:

And when i relog, it all dissapears, like it has been cleaned up (this is a lich dungeon)
    Quote from sirdave79

Zothen "Btw, isn't it possible to make Pirate islands REAL islands instead of letting them float in the ocean?"

I dont understand. ive only seen 1 pirate island with a ship in a sort of cave with a bit of a wood building outside. Do u mean that shouldnt be in the middle of a massive ocean ?
    He means that you can go under the pirate island. Also, sometimes you may find two(or more) close together if you lower the numbers on the config.
    Last edited by craftsmanthe: 5/3/2013 8:18:51 AM
    Just noticed the changes to the OP. The news and item sections etc. Thanks for that Chocolatin. Im about to test the newest version of better dungeons on my 1.5.1 test server.

Fingers crossed its stable.

Might it be possible to configure with mob type and use your one shot spawners for making our own dungeons ?

Thanks also for adding the ability to spawn dungeons in mod added biomes. Im going to investigate if I can control all dungeoins in all biomes.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by sirdave79: 5/3/2013 9:34:23 AM
    Quote from TSAMP1924

Yes, you have to set custom biomes in the config files in order for the dungeons from this mod to generate in them.

You can do that by going to: \.minecraft\Chocolate\DungeonConfig\
    There, you can register all your biomes for the corresponding dungeons.

Thanks for that - found the folder
    Last edited by MohawkyMagoo: 5/3/2013 10:21:29 AM
    All of the mods I use are described and linked in my Profile page, plus hints and tips on how to use them.
    deleted
    Last edited by sirdave79: 5/3/2013 1:39:50 PM
    Plz update to 1.5.2, as this is a pretty good mod
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes